Saturday, May 12, 2012

Short Story Month, Day 12. Unbelievable True Things

(I'm updating this to say that I apparently had the comments set to 'registered users only', which wasn't my intention. So if anyone has been trying to comment here, give it another shot...Also, if you do want to post links, pieces of your work, or whatever, feel free to email me. I'm happy to put things up here, as long as they aren't completely insane...)

My blog friend PQ posted a list of a rapid succession of bizarre things that have been related to him recently. You can find the post at a A Building Roam . (There is some violence involved in some of them, so beware.)

While I certainly don't advise you poaching PQ's tales, at least not without asking him, I thought that maybe we could use this as a prompt today.

Cast your mind back to some strange, surreal or incredible thing that happened in your life. Maybe it's something that still bugs you, something you can't believe really happened. Maybe it was just an odd, random image. Now, give it a home in a story. Somebody's story. Anybody's story. It doesn't have to be your own. In fact, maybe it's better if it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment