Saturday, May 26, 2012

Short Story Month, Day 26. Southeast Review

I know many of you are saying, but wait a minute, May is almost over. What happens to the prompts, the on the fly adages and etc. once June comes? Well, let's get the bad news over with first. They will stop.

But have I ever let you down before? There is better news to come and that is that Southeast Review is starting up their writing regimen on June 1st, so you won't even have time to catch your breath.

The Writer's Regimen does cost $15.00 but having subscribed to it a few times, it is well worth the money. In fact, you are likely to be overwhelmed by all the prompts, riffs and author interviews that come your way. Trust me--what we've been doing this month is just baby steps.

Anyway--today's prompt. I've been told by reliable voices that it is a good opening for a story, even though for me, it is my life:

A tree fell down and I'm at the laundromat. But not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment